Nope! This blog is not dead!
In those months, apart from kids and work, I started to play with a lot more electronics and robotics things.
The first thing I’d like to show you is my mobile platform.
Nice, isn’t it ? ;)
As I wanted to digg a little deeper in robotics world, I needed 2 things:
- a long term goal, some dream project that I don’t know if it’s doable, no planning and such
- sub goals of short projects that will help me in the larger picture.
In a far far away future, I’d like to have a mobile robot wandering in the house (ooops, stairs :) ) avoiding obstacles and able to launch an alert in case of unwanted presence (picture snapshot? video stream?).
And I lied… I have a second long term project, something already done by others: a Pixar Luxo lamp with minimal facial recognition and IA behaviours.
To achieve those goals, I decided to run little experiments in the meantime. (yes, that’s the blog title and purpose ;) )
What I already started:
- a simple 4WD robot
- learn or remember electronics ;)
- a webcam on a pan/tilt that I can control from computer
- learn to use OpenCv
- control a 2 lines LCD from my Raspberry
What is planned:
- add IR and/or ultrasonic sensor to implement obstacle avoidance
- control a 2.8” touch screen from Pi and/or the Arduino
- add JY-MCU to Arduino and have communication with a computer
- control the Arduino from the Raspberry
- stream video from the Pi to a computer
What is just in my mind:
- experiment with plastic polymorph
- build some quadri or hexa pod
- play with 2.4Ghz R/C transmitter/receiver
That’s a lot and I’ll go deeper in each of those in later, but closer, blog posts.
As the subject of this post was Gary, I’ll finish with little details on it.
I took some pictures during the assembly of the kit.
If french is not a problem, I had some details already in a forum where I got help.
This remind me that I need to push everything in a nice project page on Let’s make robots
As I already started to play with it, expect a IR sensor on Gary very soon. Next I’ll add the ultrasonic I just received.